Saturday, January 21, 2012

Better Questions for a Better Life

The famous scientist and philosopher Renee' Decartes pondered how he could know that he really existed as an independent "I", separate from anyone or anything else in the world. He ultimately concluded that the very act of questioning his existence was proof that he did exist as an independent "I".  In 1644, Decartes gave us the famous Latin quote, "Cognito ergo sum", which translates in English to, "I think, therefore I am."

Are you your thoughts or are you more? Are you the feelings, cravings, and desires that push and pull you throughout the day? Do your thoughts support your highest aspirations or do they support a self-image of "not enough" and limitation?

Most people give little thought to thought. We operate as if thought is something that just happens within us, something over which we have no control. The truth is we have far more control over how and what we think and feel than we believe.

Questions Create Reality

One of the best ways to create new realities is ask better questions. Questions direct our attention. Where we place our attention has much to do with the reality we experience.

We are always asking questions consciously and unconsciously. Questions such as, "Why can't I succeed?";"Why do I keep putting on weight?"; and, "Why can't I control these cravings?", send the subconscious mind off to find answers. Rest assured, your subconscious mind will ALWAYS find answers to these kinds of questions.

Think affirmations don't work? Guess what, they ALWAYS work. The answers to questions coming from limitations become the affirmations of truth for you. Repeating an affirmation such as, "I am slim, strong, and healthy" a few times a day does little good when your self-image is presented with a flood of thoughts throughout the day answering questions founded on limitation. Those answers are the real affirmations.

A Better Way

So what can we do differently? Begin by paying attention to the questions you ask yourself. When you catch yourself asking questions founded on limitation, say in mind or out loud, "cancel, cancel, cancel!"

In place of a question such as, "Why can't I stop myself from eating this food?", ask, "Why is it so easy for me to stop when I'm full?". Ask even if it's sometimes not easy to stop when you feel full. Think of a time you did stop and then ask the question. Ask with the full expectation that an answer will come to mind.

Asking "How" questions throughout the day is a wonderful way to direct your attention and behavior in positive directions. For example, asking, "How can I be even more committed to achieving maximum health?" or, "How can I add more steps and fewer calories to my day?", sets your subconscious mind off to find answers. Acting on those answers encourages your subconscious mind to work even harder for you as you continue to ask empowering questions.

Asking "What" questions is great for imaging new, more powerful realities. For example, ask:"What will it feel like to be at my chosen weight?" "What will I hear others say?" "What will I say and think about myself when I look in the mirror after achieving my health goals?"

By the way, if you notice any resistance to your positive answers, you likely found evidence of a dis-empowering belief. For those in the Weight for Wellness(TM) program, I encourage you to apply CenterPoint Release or other Energy Psychology (EP) method to identify and release the problem belief. Check out http://www.EFT-MD.com for information about applying EP for dis-empowering beliefs, emotions, and cravings.

Better Questions Bring a Better Life

If you want a different reality, ask better questions. If you want more health, more wealth, and more joy, ask questions that direct your subconscious mind to find answers consistent with what you choose to have, be, do, and achieve.


Steve Carter

Stress Solutions, LLC
Home of the Weight for Wellness(TM) program

http://www.EFT-MD.com | http://EasyStressCures.com
Ph: 804-677-6772

No comments:

Post a Comment